The Quest for Order in the Midst of Chaos

A story of my quest for speech for my son, another child, and life in general.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Delaware, Ohio, United States

With my hostile uterus in tow, I'm trying to get my son the help he needs (Autism, SPD, and other minor physical issues), learning about my daughter's needs (auditory processing issues), and dealing with a CRAZY blessed life.

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Update and Meme

So I've been lax in updating...I admit it. And now I've been tagged for a meme! As this is my first Meme...thanks and ughs to Sarah!

We got the referral for the ABR FINALLY and it's been scheduled for December 14 at the children's hospital PICU. That's like a NICU, but for children who are not neonates (translation: newborns).

Peanut started speech therapy, and the speech therapist agrees that Peanut seems to have a hearing problem based on her responses in therapy, and other observed behavior.

Mr. Miracle is doing swimmingly well in school. His behavior issues have improved so much it isn't even FUNNY anymore. He still has issues with behaving for daddy or when there is a schedule change, but we're working on it. Slowly, but surely.

And now to the Meme...



Sarah tagged me to do a meme that's been going around, totally unbeknownst to me! I've been very behind in my blogging and blog reading...naughty blogger!

What You Do: Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs. Let each person know that they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

1. I like languages, I can pretty much translate 3, and I can pick out a few to most words in another 7.
2. I wanted to be a person who translated ancient documents, work with archaeologists, colleges, and libraries, that kind of thing. Not necessarily Egyptian, but that would have been great too.
3. Not since I was little did I actually want to be a lawyer...so why did I graduate from law school instead of a graduate school for languages? It's a long story...
4. I have a plan to go back to school some day to study languages, particularly Latin and Sanskrit. I may not make much money, but I would LOVE my job.
5. My husband and I are of the seemingly rare opinion that money isn't everything. Happiness is.
6. I'm a gamer...I love to play role playing games, even some MMORPGs (personally I like Dungeons & Dragons Online and Vanguard). I'm a mom, a wife, and a woman...yet I still find time to game.
7. When I get bored gaming, I like to read fantasy books, and do some counted cross stitch. I've made my own patterns by hand before, but it's so much easier to use a premade pattern. I've finished my castle, dragon, and wizard grouping, I just need to get the last two matted and framed.

I don't have 7 people to tag...I don't have any people to tag really...so I'm going to just let this poor meme go to waste until I come up with someone to torture tag.


You'll see an update from me sometime soon, likely around the time I get results from Peanuts ABR, which will luckily be the same day as the test!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home