28 weeks
So we've made it to 28 weeks (tomorrow)....
So far, so good. Not great, but good enough.
The peri has me on bedrest and taking some extra stuff for the MTHFR mutation...oh yes, my mother fucker gene is mutated how loverly....however the test results say that it shouldn't have been the cause of my pre-e or HELLP. The peri thinks it's still possible though depending on my store of the vitamins and things that the MTHFR gene inhibits absorption of. It's possible that eventually my body just runs out of my "stash" and I can't process enough out of my food to supply both the baby and I, and that's when I get sick.
The OB and peri are starting to get worried, but things are still okay. My blood pressure is being very up and down right now (110s/60s up to 150s/90s), which can be worrisome, but my kidneys are still relatively functioning and my liver is okay too. This is good news. My eyes get funny when my blood pressure is higher, I have trouble seeing because of blurring and white flashes. Thankfully when my BP goes back down my vision comes back to normal.
The doctors think at best I'll it to 32weeks, I've got a better goal than that though :-) We'll see who is more right. I'd still like to go full term...but who wouldn't? I've got PLANS for that if I'm still healthy......I'm not going to tell you all though, I don't have any wood near my set up to knock on, so I'm not telling!
We found the preemie clothes and pulled them out to be washed. I talked to the OB about delivery options, and I can still deliver vaginally. Obviously that will depend on my health, but there is every reason to believe that we will deliver that way. If my health isn't doing well, we don't think a long induction is going to be the best option for me or the baby. So we will likely discuss another c-section at that point. I don't want to get to the point I was at with Princess where my ability to clot my blood said I should have been in MUCH worse condition after my section. I'd rather go with a slightly more conservative route and not be a nasty yellow hue and sick for 6 months or more after my baby is here.
Here's my deepest confession....I am still having trouble believing this is real. That I'm really going to have another baby. That a real live baby is going to be here with me. I am having dreams almost all the time where she (the baby) isn't here, that she didn't make it...and I've had no dreams of holding my real live baby. That's a little scary for me, but I wonder if it's just my mind processing and dealing with all my fears about having another preemie or sick baby.
I don't know the future, but I'm hoping it's far brighter and more beautiful than my dreams have painted it to be.
So far, so good. Not great, but good enough.
The peri has me on bedrest and taking some extra stuff for the MTHFR mutation...oh yes, my mother fucker gene is mutated how loverly....however the test results say that it shouldn't have been the cause of my pre-e or HELLP. The peri thinks it's still possible though depending on my store of the vitamins and things that the MTHFR gene inhibits absorption of. It's possible that eventually my body just runs out of my "stash" and I can't process enough out of my food to supply both the baby and I, and that's when I get sick.
The OB and peri are starting to get worried, but things are still okay. My blood pressure is being very up and down right now (110s/60s up to 150s/90s), which can be worrisome, but my kidneys are still relatively functioning and my liver is okay too. This is good news. My eyes get funny when my blood pressure is higher, I have trouble seeing because of blurring and white flashes. Thankfully when my BP goes back down my vision comes back to normal.
The doctors think at best I'll it to 32weeks, I've got a better goal than that though :-) We'll see who is more right. I'd still like to go full term...but who wouldn't? I've got PLANS for that if I'm still healthy......I'm not going to tell you all though, I don't have any wood near my set up to knock on, so I'm not telling!
We found the preemie clothes and pulled them out to be washed. I talked to the OB about delivery options, and I can still deliver vaginally. Obviously that will depend on my health, but there is every reason to believe that we will deliver that way. If my health isn't doing well, we don't think a long induction is going to be the best option for me or the baby. So we will likely discuss another c-section at that point. I don't want to get to the point I was at with Princess where my ability to clot my blood said I should have been in MUCH worse condition after my section. I'd rather go with a slightly more conservative route and not be a nasty yellow hue and sick for 6 months or more after my baby is here.
Here's my deepest confession....I am still having trouble believing this is real. That I'm really going to have another baby. That a real live baby is going to be here with me. I am having dreams almost all the time where she (the baby) isn't here, that she didn't make it...and I've had no dreams of holding my real live baby. That's a little scary for me, but I wonder if it's just my mind processing and dealing with all my fears about having another preemie or sick baby.
I don't know the future, but I'm hoping it's far brighter and more beautiful than my dreams have painted it to be.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home