Dum, De-dum, dum... DUMB!
Yes that's me. Dumb. My temp dropped this morning, not that it had gotten much about coverline anyway. Got my results back, my progesterone is low, too low really. Dr. AlwaysLateButGreat, the bastard, is out of the office on vacation...how can he take a vacation at a time like this?
So I'm dealing with his partner. Who is okay, but not so kind about big women trying to get pregnant, especially when they are sub-fertile like me. His answer was, "so you'll lose this one too (yes, you bastard three in a row would be SO reassuring for me) and then Dr. AlwaysLateButGreat can "deal with you" when he gets back." Hmm, you know, I've heard that phrase before...I swear I've said it to my son..."Just wait until your father sees what you did, then HE can deal with you!" Which serves to get said father's attention on the unmentionable act. Said father then sighs theatrically and asksMr. Miracle to go to timeout until we can clean up his mess. For some reason, "wait till your father..." doesn't have the same strength it used to...
So, back to the topic at hand, I told PartnerPainInTheAss to contact Dr. AlwaysLateButGreat and find out what HE thinks. I'm waiting, probably until said doctor gets back from vacation because PartnerPainInTheAss is just...well...yeah...a PITA!
So unless I develop a corpus luteum cyst like I did with Mr. Miracle, wave bye-bye to any possibly fertilized egg, because my body is so not keeping it around. This may be the only time in my life I've ever even THOUGHT - Maybe if I'm lucky, I'll get cyst! Yeah, see and considering the odds (recall: lightening strike AND winning lottery), I should prepare now by laying in an extra stock of strawberry and lemon sorbet and cheese sticks.
So, three strikes and you're out, right? Not in my world, three strikes and I run to Clomid(Seraphene (sp) 50 mg starting in 12 days - 3 days after my period starts) and hormone supplements (i.e. progesterone in particular). Not quite the same as hitting a home run on your own, is it?
Updated: I'm not suggesting help isn't right, it just doesn't, to me, "feel" the same way. Part of me feels like I'm copping out and being a woose because I'm not infertile, and shouldn't we save the help for those who really need it? I'm only subfertile, yeah it will be a bitch to get me pregnant and have it stay there, but it IS possible. That's all I meant. For those to go straight to help - glad you had the courage! I'm still sitting here going, "but, but, but...what if..." ::sigh::
So I'm dealing with his partner. Who is okay, but not so kind about big women trying to get pregnant, especially when they are sub-fertile like me. His answer was, "so you'll lose this one too (yes, you bastard three in a row would be SO reassuring for me) and then Dr. AlwaysLateButGreat can "deal with you" when he gets back." Hmm, you know, I've heard that phrase before...I swear I've said it to my son..."Just wait until your father sees what you did, then HE can deal with you!" Which serves to get said father's attention on the unmentionable act. Said father then sighs theatrically and asksMr. Miracle to go to timeout until we can clean up his mess. For some reason, "wait till your father..." doesn't have the same strength it used to...
So, back to the topic at hand, I told PartnerPainInTheAss to contact Dr. AlwaysLateButGreat and find out what HE thinks. I'm waiting, probably until said doctor gets back from vacation because PartnerPainInTheAss is just...well...yeah...a PITA!
So unless I develop a corpus luteum cyst like I did with Mr. Miracle, wave bye-bye to any possibly fertilized egg, because my body is so not keeping it around. This may be the only time in my life I've ever even THOUGHT - Maybe if I'm lucky, I'll get cyst! Yeah, see and considering the odds (recall: lightening strike AND winning lottery), I should prepare now by laying in an extra stock of strawberry and lemon sorbet and cheese sticks.
So, three strikes and you're out, right? Not in my world, three strikes and I run to Clomid(Seraphene (sp) 50 mg starting in 12 days - 3 days after my period starts) and hormone supplements (i.e. progesterone in particular). Not quite the same as hitting a home run on your own, is it?
Updated: I'm not suggesting help isn't right, it just doesn't, to me, "feel" the same way. Part of me feels like I'm copping out and being a woose because I'm not infertile, and shouldn't we save the help for those who really need it? I'm only subfertile, yeah it will be a bitch to get me pregnant and have it stay there, but it IS possible. That's all I meant. For those to go straight to help - glad you had the courage! I'm still sitting here going, "but, but, but...what if..." ::sigh::


2 Comments:
I'm so sorry. There's not a darn thing wrong with taking advantage of what modern medice has to offer, though. Not a thing. I sure hope it does the trick.
Clomid is how I got MY miracle baby - and she is just too damn precious for words! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home