The Quest for Order in the Midst of Chaos

A story of my quest for speech for my son, another child, and life in general.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Delaware, Ohio, United States

With my hostile uterus in tow, I'm trying to get my son the help he needs (Autism, SPD, and other minor physical issues), learning about my daughter's needs (auditory processing issues), and dealing with a CRAZY blessed life.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Hmm...

Well, we met with the doctor tonight about Clomid. We are going to start it next cycle. I want one more shot at this before we start screwing with shit. Also see back later for a VERY VERY funny story about my hubby.

Oh, Mr. Miracle has ANOTHER ear infection (found out Thursday) so he is on ANOTHER round of antibiotics because his just get worse and worse, they never ease on their own. I've lost exact count of how many this is. There were I think 8 through the regular doctor and one out of town and 2 or maybe 4 through urgent care...so we're getting up there. The doctor has referred Mr. Miracle to an ENT for more information on the ear tube surgery ::sigh::

Of course, I'm still not sure two more holes in Mr. Miracle's head is really a good idea...but that's beside the point right now.

This isn't something Mr. Miracle or I needed. Though his hearing could be affected if things keep up like this. I have a 17% hearing loss in my left hear, and a 7% loss in my right. Not much, in the long run, but no explanation. I still have ear infections as an adult though...so perhaps? ::Shrug:: Too late to worry about it for me, but for Mr. Miracle? Who knows.

Anyway, sorry I've been so distracted lately...I have too much on my mind...like how to keep Mr. Miracle's brains in his head, or perhaps asking the doctors to find his brain and stuff it BACK in while doing the ear surgery...Mr. Miracle has a DEATH wish, he keeps climbing and climbing...and of course, falling and falling.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I love your blog and haven't posted but I have been there and done that with the ear infection saga. You should take Ryan in for an allergy test (it's a good idea even without the ear infections). Food and environmental allergies can cause ear infections. When I was young I lived on "the pink stuff". My mom always had a pharmacy sized bottle of amoxicillin in the fridge. When my asthma prompted a trip to the allergist he set me up with some great allergy meds and the ear infections stopped. Here is a link to an article on the subject:
http://my.webmd.com/content/article/89/100220.htm
Sorry for the long post but I remember how miserable I was with recurrent ear infections (it got to the point where my ears would actually bleed) that I had to throw out a suggestion.

7/20/2005 10:51 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Jess is EXACTLY right about alleriges being behind many chronic ear infections. HOpefully something that simple will fix the probs for Ryan.

Also, I am so sorry for the news your doc gave you guys. {{{Hugs}}}

7/21/2005 2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home