The Quest for Order in the Midst of Chaos

A story of my quest for speech for my son, another child, and life in general.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Delaware, Ohio, United States

With my hostile uterus in tow, I'm trying to get my son the help he needs (Autism, SPD, and other minor physical issues), learning about my daughter's needs (auditory processing issues), and dealing with a CRAZY blessed life.

Friday, July 22, 2005

Condensed and Second Opinion

Well, this will be another condense several things into one post.

First and by far the MOST important -
MR. MIRACLE SAID MAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**Updated for more info: It just popped out one day, MAMA! And I got VERY excited and jumped up and down hugging him senseless. He still calls me dada though and then you can see him stop and think and he says mama. :-) I couldn't be happier!!

Second, after reconsidering everything that went on at our Clomid doctors appointment, we've decided to get a second opinion on what Dr. PainInTheAss told us. First thing she told us that stumped me was that Clomid has no risks of multiples. Hmm, odd the paperwork her office handed me on it says it does, every Rx website says it does, and not to mention Dr. Google does. THEN, and here's the kicker, she told NeverExMarine that his question wasn't important. He wanted to know how long Clomid had been around (meaning was there enough information to say whether it was safe for me with my other medical problems)...she said she didn't know and it wasn't important. It wasn't important? My husband's question wasn't important??! Hrumph, that's a quick way to get under my skin. Then she told us to hurry up and decide she had other patients to see. We had less than five minutes and she told us false information...yeah that works. So, we're getting a second opinion, from my old OB/GYN. I'd left because he couldn't tell me why I was bleeding so heavily, especially after sex or pap smears. By heavy, I DO MEAN heavy. However, I really liked him, other than that one issue and being late...but he was always kind and took the time to answer all of your questions and acted like you were the only patient he had. No matter how "silly" a question was he did his very best to answer it fully and completely.

NeverExMarine and I really want a homebirth for our next baby. Dr. PainInTheAss is the doctor that backs up the only homebirth midwives in the area. I'm going to beg Dr. AlwaysLateButGreat to accept that we are going to attempt a homebirth and be our backup. Many of you may be wondering what that means. Well, a backup doctor sees you once or twice (Dr. AlwaysLateButGreat will see me more than that, but there are a few tests I want done b/c of our family history), if anything goes wrong during pregnancy (ex. preeclampsia) then you are transferred to the doctor's care for the remainder of the pregnancy and for delivery at the hospital. The midwives go with you though and act as doulas. If something goes wrong during labor, you are taken to the nearest hospital. That happens very very very rarely. Especially since you have to fit into some strict criteria for the midwives to accept you. Anyway, we're going to ask. I hope he will. For a man, he is so kind and caring...it's hard to believe.

Third, we have Mr. Miracle's appointment with the ENT on August 22. He will have a hearing test and then see the doctor. Mr. Miracle had a hearing test at 15 months and it was FINE. I don't a see a reason for another, but fine. It's not invasive and doesn't hurt, so okay.

Fourth, the funny thing NeverExMarine did... ::giggle:: SHHH don't tell him I told you. Dr. PainInTheAss mentioned that she wanted him to get a sperm analysis. He didn't think anything of it. After we left and got to the restaurant, I told him "You will want to read the directions on the sheet before you go take your sample."

He said "Why, you just go pee in a cup."* Oh yes, he really said that.

I laughed SO hard I about pissed myself. I gasped through the howling laughter, "NO, you don't pee, there are no sperm in pee!"

He said "But, but on tv when guys go in and give a "sample," the nurse says we just needed a URINE sample..."

Yep, we have a problem here. The problem is that my husband is getting medical information from comedy television and bad jokes...I'd rather he consulted Dr. Google or WebMD.

When I finally explained that that is a JOKE, it's meant to be FUNNY, like the joke about pregnant sex and the kid goes up to dad and pokes him in the forehead and says hi dad. My husband actually blushed. I have sneaking suspicion that stupid joke was a large part of the reason my husband didn't want to have sex while I was pregnant...

::sigh:: I DO love him though. How can I not? He's so adorable.

* Go ahead funny people, say "well, maybe THAT'S the problem you're having getting pregnant..."

2 Comments:

Blogger Mar said...

Yaaay Ryan! There is nothing sweeter than the sound of your own child saying your name the first time!

I'm hearing you on the know-it-all (but wrong)doctor problem. I hope you get to have the homebirth of your dreams. Way to stand up for yourself. I wish more people were willing to do so.

7/22/2005 10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

More info needed on the MAMA!!! I'm so excited for you!!

7/22/2005 11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home