The Quest for Order in the Midst of Chaos

A story of my quest for speech for my son, another child, and life in general.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Delaware, Ohio, United States

With my hostile uterus in tow, I'm trying to get my son the help he needs (Autism, SPD, and other minor physical issues), learning about my daughter's needs (auditory processing issues), and dealing with a CRAZY blessed life.

Friday, March 17, 2006

HomeBirth

So after all of these dreams, I log on to check out "My Pregnancy Tracker" which I have access to through Fertility Friend. I find this:

Homebirth: If this is something you desire, (and is legal in your area) you will need to find a midwife or (rarely) a doctor who is willing to attend a homebirth. Reasons some low-risk women choose a homebirth include:

* they live in a remote, rural setting, far away from hospitals and clinics
* they have a strong desire to control their childbirth experience
* they wish to birth in a completely family centered setting
* they wish to avoid medical interventions
* homebirth suits their lifestyle and philosophy.

Homebirth advocates suggest that birthing at home is actually less dangerous than birthing in a hospital, citing statistics that show a lower incidence of maternal and neonatal death and complications. (It is hard to get reliable statistics, however, since women birthing at home are generally at low-risk anyway).

In some areas, homebirths attended by midwives are gaining increased acceptance and popularity, while in others they are discouraged or illegal. If this is something you are considering and it is legal in your area, you will have to do some research, make sure your practitioner is experienced and competent and, possibly, be prepared to meet with some disapproval from some friends and family and the medical community.

Yes, I'm strange, but it makes me go hmmm. Right after that string of dreams, and I pop on for a rare check on that website and what do I find?? A segment on homebirth!

AND YES, for you evil people who have to point things out, I DID happen to notice the "low risk" qualifier on there ::growl:: and I KNOW I'm not low risk, but let a girl dream okay? I might GET low risk later...right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home