The Quest for Order in the Midst of Chaos

A story of my quest for speech for my son, another child, and life in general.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Delaware, Ohio, United States

With my hostile uterus in tow, I'm trying to get my son the help he needs (Autism, SPD, and other minor physical issues), learning about my daughter's needs (auditory processing issues), and dealing with a CRAZY blessed life.

Monday, March 06, 2006

Three Years Old Today...

Today my baby is three years old. I'm in shock really. He's THREE, it's been THREE YEARS since I was so sick I could hardly move and was taken to the hospital and hooked up to ivs and given steroids to mature Mr. Miracle's lungs so that he could be born 6 weeks early. THREE YEARS since I held my perfect, tiny baby in my arms. 5 pounds 13 ounces and too beautiful for words.

In a way it makes me happy, he's done so well, grown so much. I have so much to be thankful for...but in another way it reminded me of all the pain, worry, sickness, bedrest, stress, and FEAR that I had before he was born. Will it be like that again? Will I have another premature baby? Will I be on bedrest? How will we make ends meet if I am? Chances are sadly good that I WILL be on bedrest again, so what CAN we do? We've got no money to save now for that eventuality, hell, we don't know how we're making ends meet right now...how will we manage THAT? Will I be stuck in the hospital for days? Will my baby be okay? This is of course the biggest one...will my baby be okay...

I've got a lot of worrying in this head of mine. Most days I just ignore it and trust in, well blindly hope that everything is going to be blissfully lovely and I ignore the already recurring symptoms of the nightmare to come. In other words, I blatantly ignore the fact that this pregnancy seems to be following RIGHT along the path of the last one, and refuse to face or think about what is going to happen.

So, off to the most recent topic with which I have managed to ignore the more horrible things I SHOULD be thinking of: Correcting other people's kids. Julie got me started, please blame her.

How do you correct other people's kids? Should you? Like when I go to day care to pick up Mr. Miracle and see a kid reach out and shove him REALLY hard, can I say something, especially when I KNOW the teachers either didn't see it or totally ignored it?? Or what about on the play toys inside the mall? Especially when kids who are way to old and tall (and blatantly disobeying the posted rules of the play area) start shoving or jumping over Mr. Miracle?

It may be rude to correct another parent's kid, but I've got news for you, when said "parent" is no where to be found or utterly ignoring their children, you can BET I'm going to open my mouth. I try to be polite "please watch out for the little kids" or "please be careful, there are little ones around." If the parent is standing right there and watching their child, then I'll wait for them to respond, but if they don't, I'm going to say something to their child. One woman told me "why don't you mind your own child?" And I was forced to tell her, "It would really help me if you would mind YOURS and stop him from stepping on my son and shoving him off of the toys..." what I wanted to add was "unless you're too lazy bitch and LIKE to teach kids it is okay to hurt others." But I was trying to be nice to the whore.

Anyway, if I don't like something going on and I suspect the parent either didn't see it or isn't going to say something, you can bet I will. I don't think it's ever okay to ignore poor behavior in a child. If I miss something while I'm out (or even in my home with guests) I would HOPE they would say something to Mr. Miracle, or to me.

Though if I catch my beloved brother threatening to smack my son's ass until it hurts again, I may JUST blow my top.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home