The Cardinal Is Here
Need I say more?
Okay, after 7 days (if I count yesterday which started with spotting and got heavier) my period is here. That is a whopping 7 day luteal phase, for those playing along at home, that is WAY TO FUCKING SHORT. 10 days is the minimum for a fertilized egg to implant, if you need help understanding this, go google "short luteal phase" and leave me alone. Normally, I link it for you, but I'm grumpy. I'm not only grumpy because I've started my period, I'm grumpy because even after the results saying I needed progesterone, the doctor wants ANOTHER test next cycle.
So, Serophene 50 mg begins Friday (cycle day 3). The uncharted territory is laid out before me and I'm a little nervous.
Oh, and if someone can explain why I'm upset, I'd really appreciate it. It isn't like I didn't KNOW this is how this cycle would end. It's like getting upset when the boat sinks in Titanic. What's the point, you KNEW it would sink (granted I cried during Titanic, not because the boat sank, but you know what I mean). So when I knew this would end with the cardinal, why am I upset? Why am I fighting the tears?
I've been at this trying thing for 6 months now, not long in the whole scheme of things, but I've suspected that a short luteal phase was the problem, this cycle I finally got a doctor to agree, but now he wants to see how Serophene (Clomid) affects it. Fine, I'll wait and see, but when this cycle ends with that bastard cardinal coming back, you all get to join me in storming the doctor's office and demanding treatment.
Okay, after 7 days (if I count yesterday which started with spotting and got heavier) my period is here. That is a whopping 7 day luteal phase, for those playing along at home, that is WAY TO FUCKING SHORT. 10 days is the minimum for a fertilized egg to implant, if you need help understanding this, go google "short luteal phase" and leave me alone. Normally, I link it for you, but I'm grumpy. I'm not only grumpy because I've started my period, I'm grumpy because even after the results saying I needed progesterone, the doctor wants ANOTHER test next cycle.
So, Serophene 50 mg begins Friday (cycle day 3). The uncharted territory is laid out before me and I'm a little nervous.
Oh, and if someone can explain why I'm upset, I'd really appreciate it. It isn't like I didn't KNOW this is how this cycle would end. It's like getting upset when the boat sinks in Titanic. What's the point, you KNEW it would sink (granted I cried during Titanic, not because the boat sank, but you know what I mean). So when I knew this would end with the cardinal, why am I upset? Why am I fighting the tears?
I've been at this trying thing for 6 months now, not long in the whole scheme of things, but I've suspected that a short luteal phase was the problem, this cycle I finally got a doctor to agree, but now he wants to see how Serophene (Clomid) affects it. Fine, I'll wait and see, but when this cycle ends with that bastard cardinal coming back, you all get to join me in storming the doctor's office and demanding treatment.


2 Comments:
Ugh...sorry you are having such a rough go of it. It definitely sounds like Luteal Phase Disorder to me. Check out this site for some excellent info. Hope you get the correct treatment soon!
Well crap. I know it doesn't help to hear -- but at least you have identified the likely culprit and have a plan. I hope clomid does it for you.
Post a Comment
<< Home