The Quest for Order in the Midst of Chaos

A story of my quest for speech for my son, another child, and life in general.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Delaware, Ohio, United States

With my hostile uterus in tow, I'm trying to get my son the help he needs (Autism, SPD, and other minor physical issues), learning about my daughter's needs (auditory processing issues), and dealing with a CRAZY blessed life.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Mr. Miracle's Surgery

Yes, Mr. Miracle is still going in for surgery to put in ear tubes due to recurrent ear infections. HOWEVER, we've changed the date. He goes in Tuesday morning. We also moved locations, I moved to the surgery center since they will let us stay with Mr. Miracle until he's out and bring us back sooner.

I'm going on Monday to meet with the center staff, anesthesiologist, and recovery staff. I'm to train the recovery staff in Mr. Miracle's signs so that they can understand when he's waking up to move him and get me sooner. This way he won't have to wake up without us.

Yes, I know I'm fickle. I THOUGHT I wanted Children's until I talked with the people at the surgery center. I spent an hour on the phone and they never rushed me, they patiently explained everything, discussed the options. It's a real relief. Well, as much of a relief as it can be when you've signed you baby up for surgery.

When they first answered there, I told them that I know this is an "easy" surgery, but I don't feel that way. Do you know what they said? They said, "Well, it doesn't matter how "easy" it is when it's your baby." That was exactly how I felt.

It's nice to be working with people who understand that feeling.

And for those who missed, we're on cycle day 9, OPK testing begins tomorrow (3 days after the end of Clomid, because otherwise you can get a false positive?), BUT since I've got fertile quality cervical fluid we're already "storming the castle" in the hopes that we'll manage to catch this cycle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home