The Quest for Order in the Midst of Chaos

A story of my quest for speech for my son, another child, and life in general.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Delaware, Ohio, United States

With my hostile uterus in tow, I'm trying to get my son the help he needs (Autism, SPD, and other minor physical issues), learning about my daughter's needs (auditory processing issues), and dealing with a CRAZY blessed life.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Hot Dog or Hamburger?

So, I'm sure you're all wondering...did we see a hot dog or hamburger today on the ultrasound?

Well, we tried to see what was there, and s/he had their hand covering it. Then s/he crossed their legs. THEN we finally got an okay view, but it wasn't very clear or easy to tell what it was...

The doctor is laying his money on hamburger, but says he wouldn't bet the farm on it, or tear all the tags off of things. Dr. AlwaysLateButGreat also admitted to having been wrong before when things weren't very clear.

We've all thought it was a girl around here...but we weren't willing to go painting (hahaha, like we're really going to do THAT!) everything pink...if you knnow what I mean. We'll have to wait and see, which mean there will have to be TWO lists of names...boys names and girls names. We're in serious trouble now...

Mr. Miracle was named because there were only two names on both of our rather substantial lists that were the same (i.e. agreed on). We're in serious trouble for choosing boys names. Girls names will be a fight too. I've had one name in mind for years that I wanted for a little girl. One is really REALLY important to me, the other name is just because I've always loved it. We may have to go second middle name to get some agreement.

So that's what we know...we either have a hamburger or a hot dog, but we don't know which for certain. There was nothing there that screamed HOT DOG, and several hints of things that whispeered hamburger...so we keep on not really knowing!

Oh, and as for the birth plan, doctor primarily agrees on everything and doesn't think there was anything unreasonable in there. YEAH! He also agrees that external monitors are not such a good idea on larger moms. They don't get a good reading on things, and therefore would prefer an internal monitor in case pitocin is needed or once we get closer to the middle/end of labor. I'm willing to agree on that, and damn glad I don't have to try to convince him that external monitors are worthless on bigger people.

We saw a brain, a four chambered heart, and a gorgeous yawn! Nearly all the amniotic fluid is concentrated around the bottom and the abdomen and head are rather squished. The belly is at my belly button! The placenta is up high on the fundus (i.e. top of the uterus) and I swear it has the look of "baby's first hat." Since it covers his/her head.

All in all, a moderately satisfying day. I'd have liked a more cooperative fetus for his/her first pornographic photo shoot, but I could have liked some better posing for the camera...

I'll try to have NeverExMarine get the photos scanned up and share them....IF any of you are interested!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to see the pictures!!

Oh, and btw...you're so having a girl!!

6/22/2006 11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Healthy is best :-) I'm so happy for you! Another surprise baby :p well poo! lol Congrats again guys!

6/25/2006 9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home