So Far So Interesting
Popcorn is still in there and growing. I'm feeling movement, hence how Popcorn got his/her nickname. Mr. Miracle felt like butterflies tickling my belly with their wings...Popcorn is like somebody decided to pop popcorn in my uterus. STRANGE doesn't quite describe the feeling accurately enough.
Still no job, but I had an interview yesterday. The people were great, but even if I were by some chance to be offered the job, I won't take it. Here's why. I'd be working for two partners AND an associate AND I'd be the primary receptionist. Meaning the amount of work will far outweigh the amount of time I have to do it. It's like signing up for stress, which is not something I need to be doing to my body OR Popcorn. Though in all honesty, I sincerely doubt they would offer me that job. They KNOW I'm going to be off for at least 6 weeks in less than five months, and I'm going to need flexibility until then for doctor's appointments.
Also, I do have the choice now since we took a loan to consolidate our credit cards and Tom's personal loan (from before we were married). I also had my student loan payment lowered. So at this point we can survive if I don't get a job. That won't last for long though since it is dependent upon my unemployment (which starts in May). After that is out though I have to start making about 300 a week somehow. So it won't last long, but we'll do what we can until then.
We found out earlier this week that Mr. Miracle was accepted into the developmental preschool and he will start this coming Tuesday. He is Very excited, though I think he's more excited about riding the bus than anything else LOL. He looks absolutely adorable in his bus harness. I'll have to get a picture for you all next week. I'm sure I'll be a wreck when they come pick him up Tuesday afternoon.
How did he get in you all are probably wondering? We know his speech is no longer 2 standard deviations from the norm, so HOW did he get in? Well, based on his social emotional issues. He's not just 2 standard deviations from the norm there...he's 3 standard deviations below the norm. So most of you are shaking your heads, I can tell, asking "what the fuck social emotional issues???" So here we go, I'll tell you, he doesn't like to associate with peers. If they get to close he tends to shove them away. Or he throws HUGE fits over little things like someone stood close to him or asked him to share. By huge fit, I mean throwing himself on the floor and flipping the fuck out. I thought it was just normal boy behavior (or hoped really), and for a while we blamed it on him not being able to communicate as well.
Since he is communicating almost exactly as well as other kids his age now (minus a few phonemes), and his behavior hasn't gotten any better, even though we've TRIED...well I asked about it. Glad I did now, and I'm relieved he's in the preschool. Nobody else would KEEP him. Even the center he's been at said that if he didn't get in they didn't think they would be able to keep him. I had one daycare provider throw him out for his aggression issues. But SecondButGreat never mentioned anything she thought out of the ordinary, so I sort of forgot about it. And SecondButGreat and I are still great friends, and we both are sort of shocked it's THAT bad. Neither of us knew, but we both have younger kids, Mr. Miracle being the oldest, her little lady, Ms.NewYorkGal, JUST turned 2 and she is Mr. Miracle's best friend (according to him).
So there's the update, I'm still jobless, Popcorn is still growing, Mr. Miracle is in preschool...I'll be a wreck when he starts, so if you call and I sound funny, it's just the tears choking me up.
Still no job, but I had an interview yesterday. The people were great, but even if I were by some chance to be offered the job, I won't take it. Here's why. I'd be working for two partners AND an associate AND I'd be the primary receptionist. Meaning the amount of work will far outweigh the amount of time I have to do it. It's like signing up for stress, which is not something I need to be doing to my body OR Popcorn. Though in all honesty, I sincerely doubt they would offer me that job. They KNOW I'm going to be off for at least 6 weeks in less than five months, and I'm going to need flexibility until then for doctor's appointments.
Also, I do have the choice now since we took a loan to consolidate our credit cards and Tom's personal loan (from before we were married). I also had my student loan payment lowered. So at this point we can survive if I don't get a job. That won't last for long though since it is dependent upon my unemployment (which starts in May). After that is out though I have to start making about 300 a week somehow. So it won't last long, but we'll do what we can until then.
We found out earlier this week that Mr. Miracle was accepted into the developmental preschool and he will start this coming Tuesday. He is Very excited, though I think he's more excited about riding the bus than anything else LOL. He looks absolutely adorable in his bus harness. I'll have to get a picture for you all next week. I'm sure I'll be a wreck when they come pick him up Tuesday afternoon.
How did he get in you all are probably wondering? We know his speech is no longer 2 standard deviations from the norm, so HOW did he get in? Well, based on his social emotional issues. He's not just 2 standard deviations from the norm there...he's 3 standard deviations below the norm. So most of you are shaking your heads, I can tell, asking "what the fuck social emotional issues???" So here we go, I'll tell you, he doesn't like to associate with peers. If they get to close he tends to shove them away. Or he throws HUGE fits over little things like someone stood close to him or asked him to share. By huge fit, I mean throwing himself on the floor and flipping the fuck out. I thought it was just normal boy behavior (or hoped really), and for a while we blamed it on him not being able to communicate as well.
Since he is communicating almost exactly as well as other kids his age now (minus a few phonemes), and his behavior hasn't gotten any better, even though we've TRIED...well I asked about it. Glad I did now, and I'm relieved he's in the preschool. Nobody else would KEEP him. Even the center he's been at said that if he didn't get in they didn't think they would be able to keep him. I had one daycare provider throw him out for his aggression issues. But SecondButGreat never mentioned anything she thought out of the ordinary, so I sort of forgot about it. And SecondButGreat and I are still great friends, and we both are sort of shocked it's THAT bad. Neither of us knew, but we both have younger kids, Mr. Miracle being the oldest, her little lady, Ms.NewYorkGal, JUST turned 2 and she is Mr. Miracle's best friend (according to him).
So there's the update, I'm still jobless, Popcorn is still growing, Mr. Miracle is in preschool...I'll be a wreck when he starts, so if you call and I sound funny, it's just the tears choking me up.


2 Comments:
I wanna see pictures! lol
What's a bus harness?
Post a Comment
<< Home