The Quest for Order in the Midst of Chaos

A story of my quest for speech for my son, another child, and life in general.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Delaware, Ohio, United States

With my hostile uterus in tow, I'm trying to get my son the help he needs (Autism, SPD, and other minor physical issues), learning about my daughter's needs (auditory processing issues), and dealing with a CRAZY blessed life.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I'm In That Place Again

Yeserday was my 24 week prenatal visit. The first disappointment followed the dreaded weigh in. I had gained over 7 pounds since my last visit! I have done nothing but lose weight the whole time, and I'm hardly eating anything. The nurse looked down at my feet which had partially slipped out of my sandal...and said...show those to the doctor that could be all and more of the weight...

Oh yes, I am swollen that bad. Even when I first get up in the morning I'm still swollen, it's just worse in the evenings.

Then comes the next piece of entertainment. There is trace protein in my urine AND my blood pressure is up. Not terribly but since it's been well within the normal range the whole time so far??

So I've got one foot well inside the preeclampsia field and the other is stubbornly clinging to the NOT THAT ANYTHING BUT THAT! field, also known as Denial Land.

No, I'm not full blown preeclampsia yet. Things aren't quite to that level yet, but I'm horribly upset. I've been working so hard and so relieved that my blood pressure has been normal past when it went up last time (before 20 weeks!).

I guess I ought to look at the bright side...all the bad stuff that happened last time is so far happening later by 2-4 weeks later. Maybe that means that if I'm really extra careful, I'll deliver 2-4 weeks later this time.

Yeah, so plese feel free to call or email me and remind me that "taking it really extra careful" does NOT mean do all those things you have beent hinking of now while you still can before you could restricted even more. Since that's what I have been doing since yesterday. I know I shouldn't, but I find myself thinking and doing it anyway.

You will likely get your next post (if anybody still reads this) on June 19th since that is our ultrasound date. Let's all think open leg thoughts for the baby that day because if NeverExMarine, not to mention SisterMD, and all the rest of the family can't find out boy or girl they will go INSANE! Okay, I will go insane, but it's because they will drive me there with their "try this, this will tell us"!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, you're still being read. Actually, if you had waited much longer, I'd have given you a one-month "postage free" award :p Now to go find my copy of Scurfield's "Teaching Yourself Beginner's Chinese."

6/08/2006 8:38 PM  
Blogger Mete said...

It's not fun, but you will make it. We're out here, reading, and pulling for you.

6/12/2006 9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home