So Far So Good
Popcorn is growing pretty well. My blood pressure is a stable 140/100. My proteins are up a smidge, but only enough to make him want another 24 hour urine and blood draw. Popcorn's heartrate is still in the 145-150 range.
I have to go back Friday for my blood and urinalysis results AND a non-stress test (NST) and I will be having an NST weekly from now on. I'm hoping we can at least combine that with my prenatal appt so that I don't have to go twice a week. Though if I keep them separate, I'll only need to find help one day a week since the NSTs take a bit longer than a regular prenatal appointment. Besides, Mr. Miracle may not be able to be so patient and quiet each week, you know? (We waited almost 2 hours for my appointment with Dr. AlwaysLateButGreat today and Mr. Miracle did SOOOOOOO good!!!)
As to how long I will go, he's confident that we can get to 34 weeks. He thinks that I can make it to 36-37 weeks so long as things don't change. As to how long I'll be ALLOWED to go, he said that I will not get to 40 weeks, he will induce me no later than 38.5 weeks because he doesn't want to push the risks any farther, and by that point the baby will be as ready as she* can be.
SOOO, that put me delivering no later than the second full week in September instead the end of the month as my estimated due date suggests. He isn't setting a date though because, as he said, it isn't probable I'll get there, it's just a limit.
By the way, Mr. Miracle LOVES listening to his sister's heartbeat! He drags a stool or chair to the table and stands on it to watch the doctor and listen to the heartbeat. He just has the BIGGEST smile the whole time he's listening to it!
Speaking of heartbeats...Popcorn's heartbeat was heard quite well just below my belly button, the doctor felt something hardish at the bottom of my belly too, and I had a rough tummy twisting night, so she may have turned head down for us! However, Dr. AlwaysLateButGreat isn't certain, but says that once he starts internals he will be able to tell better or he will do a quick ultrasound to make sure. I'm still feeling movement in the same place though, so either she's switched from kicking to hitting...or she's just a hard ass.
* We have no SOLID proof it is a girl, we are hoping. Well, hoping and the ultrasound showed more hints of girl and a lack of evidence of boy...but baby could be playing shy too.
I have to go back Friday for my blood and urinalysis results AND a non-stress test (NST) and I will be having an NST weekly from now on. I'm hoping we can at least combine that with my prenatal appt so that I don't have to go twice a week. Though if I keep them separate, I'll only need to find help one day a week since the NSTs take a bit longer than a regular prenatal appointment. Besides, Mr. Miracle may not be able to be so patient and quiet each week, you know? (We waited almost 2 hours for my appointment with Dr. AlwaysLateButGreat today and Mr. Miracle did SOOOOOOO good!!!)
As to how long I will go, he's confident that we can get to 34 weeks. He thinks that I can make it to 36-37 weeks so long as things don't change. As to how long I'll be ALLOWED to go, he said that I will not get to 40 weeks, he will induce me no later than 38.5 weeks because he doesn't want to push the risks any farther, and by that point the baby will be as ready as she* can be.
SOOO, that put me delivering no later than the second full week in September instead the end of the month as my estimated due date suggests. He isn't setting a date though because, as he said, it isn't probable I'll get there, it's just a limit.
By the way, Mr. Miracle LOVES listening to his sister's heartbeat! He drags a stool or chair to the table and stands on it to watch the doctor and listen to the heartbeat. He just has the BIGGEST smile the whole time he's listening to it!
Speaking of heartbeats...Popcorn's heartbeat was heard quite well just below my belly button, the doctor felt something hardish at the bottom of my belly too, and I had a rough tummy twisting night, so she may have turned head down for us! However, Dr. AlwaysLateButGreat isn't certain, but says that once he starts internals he will be able to tell better or he will do a quick ultrasound to make sure. I'm still feeling movement in the same place though, so either she's switched from kicking to hitting...or she's just a hard ass.
* We have no SOLID proof it is a girl, we are hoping. Well, hoping and the ultrasound showed more hints of girl and a lack of evidence of boy...but baby could be playing shy too.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home