The Quest for Order in the Midst of Chaos

A story of my quest for speech for my son, another child, and life in general.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Delaware, Ohio, United States

With my hostile uterus in tow, I'm trying to get my son the help he needs (Autism, SPD, and other minor physical issues), learning about my daughter's needs (auditory processing issues), and dealing with a CRAZY blessed life.

Friday, July 14, 2006

Good News, Bad News

Good News: I do NOT have pre-eclampsia, my kidneys, according to my creatinine clearance, are still amazing and GREAT! Proteins are a smidge high, but not near the "dangerous" level by any means.

Bad News: My blood pressure is STILL creeping up. So, I've likely got PIH (pregnancy induced hypertension). I've been proscribed a blood pressure medicine and told to REST. Since I've been known to be bad about obeying "rest" directives, he went so far as to explain it for me in detail.

Oh, and while on this medication I'm not allowed to go NEAR a set of stairs without a good grip on the handrail or someone who can support me since this medicine will make me "a little dizzy." A LITTLE? If he's being that strong about how careful I need to be perhaps he's leaving "a little" information out?

Back to the PIH, IF everything goes AMAZINGLY, STUNNINGLY well, I have a small miracle chance to make it to full term and deliver on my own. His words were, "There is a rather small chance we could even get you to full term and let you go into labor on your own if everything goes really well....but it is more likely..." If I'll be "a little dizzy" on the medication, I wonder what "rather small" is?

What is more likely? More likely I will be induced or go into labor early on my own. If I respond okay to the medicine and it reduces the creeping blood pressure, he thinks that I can make it another 4 weeks, which would make me almost the gestation I was when I delivered Mr. Miracle (I was 34w with him, I'll be just shy of 34 weeks in four more weeks). He said with as high as my blood pressure is, he thinks that getting 6 more weeks may be too much to ask of my body. Especially because I already have a mitral valve insufficiency.

I will also have to go to see Dr. AlwaysLateButGreat more frequently, at least once a week, possibly twice a week until I deliver (twice a week unless I can get my blood pressure relatively under control and get my blood pressure checked without going to the office). Sister, MD is bringing her blood pressure cuff and stethoscope home so she can check it for me sometimes hopefully.

Oh, and I'm still losing weight, but no worries because Popcorn is still growing well. I'm sooo not looking THAT gift horse in the mouth!

Oh and none of this changes my plans! I'm STILL planning on making it PAST the gestation I did with Mr. Miracle...that is my goal. There was too much of a risk for him...and I don't want to do that again. Though if this medication doesn't work and my blood pressure continues to rise, I won't even get 4 more weeks before Popcorn is introduced to this world.

However, let's focus on that miniscule chance that everything will be great. We know I'm good at hitting the unlikely odds anyway, right? So why not this time too??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home