The Quest for Order in the Midst of Chaos

A story of my quest for speech for my son, another child, and life in general.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Delaware, Ohio, United States

With my hostile uterus in tow, I'm trying to get my son the help he needs (Autism, SPD, and other minor physical issues), learning about my daughter's needs (auditory processing issues), and dealing with a CRAZY blessed life.

Friday, September 09, 2005

The Hopeful Human Pincushion

Almost sounds like a book about sub fertility doesn't it? Well, it's not. It's me from today until the infamous and dreaded 2ww is over.

I ovulated yesterday, or that is my guess, since my temp rose this morning. I know you can't really confirm a temp shift until after three days of elevated temps, but trust me, I ovulated.

I know because I had some SERIOUSLY INTENSE ovulation pain. Speaking of which, does anyone know why said pain would ALWAYS be on the SAME side? Mine is always on the left. It occurs one full day before my temp shifts, and usually a half a day after the start of my LH surge (or my ability to detect said surge). Not that anybody needed that much information, but it's nice to know that my cycles are somewhat close to regular even though the time frame (35-77 days) is spread out all over hell and back.

Anyway, if you know why it would always be on the same side, I'd love to hear about it. I always forget to ask Dr. AlwaysLateButGreat ... and truthfully, I'm afraid to hear the answer I might get.

I had my blood drawn this morning for my progesterone level. From now on, I am the Amazing Human Pincushintm. Now I have only to come up with a super power...Able To Conceive In A Single Bound? Totally inaccurate. Hmm, Needs Only Double-Sided Sticky Tape To Keep A Pregnancy? Accurate, but not really a super power. Oh, I know - Able To Be Stuck Repeatedly By Vampires Without Massive Bruising. Now THAT's a super power...

You know which super power I WISH I had? I WISH I could Know The Results Of A Blood Test Immediately. Then I wouldn't have to wait for the results of my progesterone test until fucking Monday.

I can't BELIEVE I have to wait until MONDAY?! What the fuck good was it rushing in there first thing then? I could be desperately in need of double-sided sticky tape before Monday rolls around. What good is a stupid blood test when you need the results NOW and they offer them in FOUR DAYS?

Bastards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home