Progesterone Results
Okay, so I got my progesterone results yesterday. It was taken Friday which was 1dpo. It is 2. That's right, a whopping 2. The minimum, according to the charts I have, for the luteal phase is a 3.3. So, to say the least, I'm sad. The results hadn't even been seen by the doctor yet, I called (again with the "are you pregnant?") to get the results and they had to pull them off of the fax machine. So by the time the doctor gets the results it will probably be too late to even add a supplement if he will even consider it.
I really had such hopes for this round, I really thought we were going to do this. I was flying high on hope after that ovulation. It was all for what? ::Sigh:: I'm upset. I'm sad. I'm frustrated. And I feel stupid for getting my hopes up. I know, I know, my own fault.
My temps were holding steady something they've never done before, they were looking so even and nice and not mountainy nor dropping below coverline. I thought we had it. I thought the results would come back great, I didn't expect this at all, it has kind of blindsided me.
Somebody give me some hope back...because I lost it all in a 40 second phone call and a 2...
UPDATE: Dr. AlwaysLateButGreat saw the results and said "Let me know when your period starts, unless it hasn't by day 35" ::sigh:: which means he doesn't think I ovulated at ALL. What the hell was the positive OPK followed by this sustained temperature shift about then? Oh, and the bitch nurse wouldn't even ASK him if I could have a 7dpo progesterone check OR if he knew that this test was drawn 1dpo (an off time to draw it).
My temps are still high and steady, though. My chart has never looked this...well, lovely. Somebody tell Dr. AlwaysLateButGreat that he's about to get a name change if he doesn't start acting "great" and I mean NOW.
Oh, and Beliefnet's Daily Inspiration had this to say:
I really had such hopes for this round, I really thought we were going to do this. I was flying high on hope after that ovulation. It was all for what? ::Sigh:: I'm upset. I'm sad. I'm frustrated. And I feel stupid for getting my hopes up. I know, I know, my own fault.
My temps were holding steady something they've never done before, they were looking so even and nice and not mountainy nor dropping below coverline. I thought we had it. I thought the results would come back great, I didn't expect this at all, it has kind of blindsided me.
Somebody give me some hope back...because I lost it all in a 40 second phone call and a 2...
UPDATE: Dr. AlwaysLateButGreat saw the results and said "Let me know when your period starts, unless it hasn't by day 35" ::sigh:: which means he doesn't think I ovulated at ALL. What the hell was the positive OPK followed by this sustained temperature shift about then? Oh, and the bitch nurse wouldn't even ASK him if I could have a 7dpo progesterone check OR if he knew that this test was drawn 1dpo (an off time to draw it).
My temps are still high and steady, though. My chart has never looked this...well, lovely. Somebody tell Dr. AlwaysLateButGreat that he's about to get a name change if he doesn't start acting "great" and I mean NOW.
Oh, and Beliefnet's Daily Inspiration had this to say:
Today's Quote
Hold fast to dreams, for if
dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird
that cannot fly.
-Langston Hughes
Hmm, I wonder if I should trust Langston Hughes or do what my heart says is safer - give up on this dream and go enjoy a nice beverage or two.
Seriously though, if this doesn't work, I think we are going to take a short one cycle break. Considering my cycles are 41-80 days though, I think I'll have enough time to regroup.


3 Comments:
I can't believe I'm going to say I don't think a kinky orgasm sounds good. But um, not so much! But you drink what you like, and I'll kick back a Woodchuck Cider in your honor tonight. I promise.
The results suck. I checked this morning before you posted and was going to pester you for the Monday results. I, too, was hoping for something more positive. Those long cycles are freakin' annoying, huh? That sucks.
Well, having a drink is always a fabulous idea. Perhaps I'll have two. Kristine
And also, did you get your Bush bumper sticker? That was too funny!!
Have you considered getting some OTC progesterone creme and using it yourself? That's what I did after we finally pinpointed that I had an LPD. As soon as I had the thermal shift and saw the + fade on the OPK, I started using the creme. When I actually STAYED above the cover line for once and got my BFP, my doctor put me on oral progesterone.
Post a Comment
<< Home