The Little Man
So my little man is not only the CUTEST, he's also the greatest!
I know, I know, you think every parent says that, but this time it is TRUE.
After we wondered about the ear tube surgery, and agonized, and finally went ahead with it....we now KNOW that we made the right decision. Mr. Miracle had three hearing tests prior to the surgery, all of which said that his hearing was FINE. The doctors and therapists all said that we shouldn't anticipate any help from the surgery (other than for the ear infections). Since the surgery, August 31, 2005, Mr. Miracle has become The Amazing Word Machine! Suddenly, he's able to repeat the sounds and words we say! He NEVER used to be able to do this! Instead of a word a MONTH, if we were lucky, we're getting 1-4 words a week!!! ::insert happy mama dance::
In his most recent testing, his Auditory Comprehension was 2-4 or low average and his Expressive Communication 1-11 is moderate delay. This is GREAT! Okay, so most people will think that is whacked, like I would mean 'yes, woohoo, my son has a delay,' obviously I don't, what I'm saying is for Mr. Miracle it is an IMPROVEMENT which is just fucking awesome! ::happier mama dance::
To top off how awesome he is, the part of my family who insisted I was raising a serial killer (because we won't spank him) said that he was well behaved and polite!!! You know a compliment is genuine when it comes from a source that believes and is looking for all the bad things! ::even happier mama dance::
And now for the cuteness factor. SecondButGreat (our day care provider) was reading email while Mr. Miracle watched cartoons (he gets to watch a little tv during SecondButGreat's daughter's nap). SecondButGreat suddenly noticed that it was awfully quiet and Mr. Miracle hadn't come to find her...she looked around to investigate. Mr. Miracle was not in the living room. She peeks into the bathroom (in case he was playing the "Marvelous Adventures in Toilet-Papering" game that he is infamous for), but no Mr. Miracle. Finally she glances into the kitchen and she sees this. Go ahead and try to tell me it isn't the cutest thing you've ever seen. Here's a close up shot of the ultimate in cuteness. It looks like he's sucking his thumb, but he's not, he was never a thumb sucker ::mama counts her blessings::
The rag he's laying on was my blankie when I was a kid. It is now Mr. Miracle's blanket. I tried desperately to attach him to different one, but he said, in that clearest of baby language, "Fuck off, mom, it's mine now. Don't MAKE me get all up in your face." And I realized my child had made me an offer I couldn't refuse - Sleep or Deprivation. I chose sleep.
I know, I know, you think every parent says that, but this time it is TRUE.
After we wondered about the ear tube surgery, and agonized, and finally went ahead with it....we now KNOW that we made the right decision. Mr. Miracle had three hearing tests prior to the surgery, all of which said that his hearing was FINE. The doctors and therapists all said that we shouldn't anticipate any help from the surgery (other than for the ear infections). Since the surgery, August 31, 2005, Mr. Miracle has become The Amazing Word Machine! Suddenly, he's able to repeat the sounds and words we say! He NEVER used to be able to do this! Instead of a word a MONTH, if we were lucky, we're getting 1-4 words a week!!! ::insert happy mama dance::
In his most recent testing, his Auditory Comprehension was 2-4 or low average and his Expressive Communication 1-11 is moderate delay. This is GREAT! Okay, so most people will think that is whacked, like I would mean 'yes, woohoo, my son has a delay,' obviously I don't, what I'm saying is for Mr. Miracle it is an IMPROVEMENT which is just fucking awesome! ::happier mama dance::
To top off how awesome he is, the part of my family who insisted I was raising a serial killer (because we won't spank him) said that he was well behaved and polite!!! You know a compliment is genuine when it comes from a source that believes and is looking for all the bad things! ::even happier mama dance::
And now for the cuteness factor. SecondButGreat (our day care provider) was reading email while Mr. Miracle watched cartoons (he gets to watch a little tv during SecondButGreat's daughter's nap). SecondButGreat suddenly noticed that it was awfully quiet and Mr. Miracle hadn't come to find her...she looked around to investigate. Mr. Miracle was not in the living room. She peeks into the bathroom (in case he was playing the "Marvelous Adventures in Toilet-Papering" game that he is infamous for), but no Mr. Miracle. Finally she glances into the kitchen and she sees this. Go ahead and try to tell me it isn't the cutest thing you've ever seen. Here's a close up shot of the ultimate in cuteness. It looks like he's sucking his thumb, but he's not, he was never a thumb sucker ::mama counts her blessings::
The rag he's laying on was my blankie when I was a kid. It is now Mr. Miracle's blanket. I tried desperately to attach him to different one, but he said, in that clearest of baby language, "Fuck off, mom, it's mine now. Don't MAKE me get all up in your face." And I realized my child had made me an offer I couldn't refuse - Sleep or Deprivation. I chose sleep.


2 Comments:
Hey trouble, looks like Geocities isn't happy about everyone checking out his majesty's cuteness. Lemme know if you want some space on my system, and I'll set it up when I get back from tkd tomorrow night.
-Kosh
Soooo cute-- He's probably tired out from all that verbalizing! I'm so happy the surgery has yielded such positive results!!
Kristine
Post a Comment
<< Home