The Quest for Order in the Midst of Chaos

A story of my quest for speech for my son, another child, and life in general.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Delaware, Ohio, United States

With my hostile uterus in tow, I'm trying to get my son the help he needs (Autism, SPD, and other minor physical issues), learning about my daughter's needs (auditory processing issues), and dealing with a CRAZY blessed life.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Funny Story

So, when I was pregnant with Mr. Miracle and on bedrest, my mom's Yorkies would lay with me. The youngest would always lay snuggled up against my belly.

One afternoon, poor Meester (my nickname for him) was snuggled up sound asleep when he got whalloped by Mr. Miracle. He squealed in that unmistakble way and I laughed. I tried to pet him to calm him down, but it was not happening.

He watched me and my belly closely for a bit then creeped sneakily back over to my belly where he lifted a paw and poked at me. Nothing happened. He poked again. Again, nothing happened.

He gets a little closer and pokes a little harder. This time Mr. Miracle kicked back. Meester barked then poked me again. Mr. Miracle kicked back.

This was repeated ad nauseum until Mr. Miracle decided not to play anymore, at which point Meester laid down and went back to sleep.

Now what does this cute story have to do with anything recent?

Well, I woke up this morning to NeverExMarine crawling back into bed after his shower to snuggle with me a little before he had to get moving. He lay one arm over my belly.

We laid that way for a while, until Popcorn decided the kick her father. I felt him poke my belly where Popcorn had just kicked him. Popcorn kicked back. He laughed and poked my belly again. Popcorn kicked back.

At this point I've got a little smile on my face though I'm feeling a bit abused since I was awfully sleepy. I'd been up nearly all night unable to even lounge from the most horrificly nauseating heartburn.

NeverExMarine pokes my belly twice in a row. Popcorn kicks once, then pauses then kicks him again. My husband, stoic as he has been throughout this adventure, GIGGLED! I shit you not, I heard him.

At that point the game ended. I think Popcorn decided to ignore him or fell asleep at that point, and the game ended.

But for the first time since I've known him, I heard my husband giggle.

1 Comments:

Blogger portuguesa nova said...

So cute!

Antonio also giggles like a little schoolgirl when the kid moves. It's hilarious.

8/03/2006 9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home