Please Welcome Princess Kitten
Well, last Monday, August 7 I started having minor but regular contractions. I went into the hospital after NeverExMarine got home. We didn't think anything of it. I'd be given something to stop things and go home later.
Well, no. That isn't exactly how things worked. My blood pressure was SKY HIGH, so I was trapped there for hours in triage. In the most uncomfortable cardboard bed you could imagine...
I started having pain in my back on the right side. Extreme horrific agony. I begged the nurses and doctor to let me go home because I thought a good rest in a good bed would take care of things. I figured the awful bed was the cause.
The doctor grudgingly agreed to let me go home, but wanted a repeat blood work in the morning. Unbeknownst to me my Uric Acid had come back "funny" on the blood drawn while I was in the hospital.
We were released and went home around 1 or 2 am Tuesday morning. I got home and ate part of a banana and horrific stomach cramps decsended. I thought I was going to die...and WISHED I would...
By 7 am I could no longer stand the agony and begged my husband to call the doctor. He said go to the hospital - DUH, right? I knew that.
He had them draw the repeat blood work he wanted and that blood work pretty much sealed my fate as it were. My blood platlets had dropped, my liver enzymes were up, and I was still in agony...
In other words, for those who don't know....I had developed HELLP Syndrome. Oh yeah, go me.
Everything had been looking soooo good, I was SURE I would deliver after the time I had delivered Mr. Miracle...unfortunately, I couldn't hold out. I delivered Princess Kitten at 33 weeks and 3 days on August 9, 2006 at 2:11pm after an emergency c-section. I had stalled for 18 hours at 5 centimeters, and when Princess Kitten finally moved down to push on the cervix (which would FINALLY have moved labor along) she started having nasty decels in her heatrate. My platelets were getting dangerous too, so the doctor told me I had a choice - do the section NOW (which was his choice for the best outcome) or I could wait 2 more hours and see...but he felt that would end "...poorly." So I agreed to the section...not that I really had a choice, my life was in danger, but more importantly, Princess was in danger...do you call that a CHOICE?
Anyway, I went ahead with the section, and Princess was born. She didn't cry RIGHT away, but she did cry pretty quick. NeverExMarine and I burst into tears at that sweet sound. I am still tearing up...but I'm a hormonal mess right now.
Princess went straight to the NICU, but was breathing on her own, thankfully. She will have to stay in the NICU for an estimated 2-4 weeks. I'm hoping that just 2 weeks will be enough. This round the clock pumping sucks ass. I get to breastfeed her though, she gets to try 3 times a day, and she's a CHAMP. My very own little baracuda jawed baby.
Here's some pictures of her. I wish I could get a recording of how she sounds when she's mad, because she sounds JUST like a kitten mewling.
Princess Kitten born August 9, 2006 at 2:11 pm weighing 4 pounds 1.7 ounces and 17.5 inches long



Well, no. That isn't exactly how things worked. My blood pressure was SKY HIGH, so I was trapped there for hours in triage. In the most uncomfortable cardboard bed you could imagine...
I started having pain in my back on the right side. Extreme horrific agony. I begged the nurses and doctor to let me go home because I thought a good rest in a good bed would take care of things. I figured the awful bed was the cause.
The doctor grudgingly agreed to let me go home, but wanted a repeat blood work in the morning. Unbeknownst to me my Uric Acid had come back "funny" on the blood drawn while I was in the hospital.
We were released and went home around 1 or 2 am Tuesday morning. I got home and ate part of a banana and horrific stomach cramps decsended. I thought I was going to die...and WISHED I would...
By 7 am I could no longer stand the agony and begged my husband to call the doctor. He said go to the hospital - DUH, right? I knew that.
He had them draw the repeat blood work he wanted and that blood work pretty much sealed my fate as it were. My blood platlets had dropped, my liver enzymes were up, and I was still in agony...
In other words, for those who don't know....I had developed HELLP Syndrome. Oh yeah, go me.
Everything had been looking soooo good, I was SURE I would deliver after the time I had delivered Mr. Miracle...unfortunately, I couldn't hold out. I delivered Princess Kitten at 33 weeks and 3 days on August 9, 2006 at 2:11pm after an emergency c-section. I had stalled for 18 hours at 5 centimeters, and when Princess Kitten finally moved down to push on the cervix (which would FINALLY have moved labor along) she started having nasty decels in her heatrate. My platelets were getting dangerous too, so the doctor told me I had a choice - do the section NOW (which was his choice for the best outcome) or I could wait 2 more hours and see...but he felt that would end "...poorly." So I agreed to the section...not that I really had a choice, my life was in danger, but more importantly, Princess was in danger...do you call that a CHOICE?
Anyway, I went ahead with the section, and Princess was born. She didn't cry RIGHT away, but she did cry pretty quick. NeverExMarine and I burst into tears at that sweet sound. I am still tearing up...but I'm a hormonal mess right now.
Princess went straight to the NICU, but was breathing on her own, thankfully. She will have to stay in the NICU for an estimated 2-4 weeks. I'm hoping that just 2 weeks will be enough. This round the clock pumping sucks ass. I get to breastfeed her though, she gets to try 3 times a day, and she's a CHAMP. My very own little baracuda jawed baby.
Here's some pictures of her. I wish I could get a recording of how she sounds when she's mad, because she sounds JUST like a kitten mewling.
Princess Kitten born August 9, 2006 at 2:11 pm weighing 4 pounds 1.7 ounces and 17.5 inches long


3 Comments:
w00t! Welcome little one, now I know why I've been having so many baby dreams lately :)
-KN
She's beautiful! Sorry things didn't go as planned, but don't blame yourself for any of that. Just one of those things you have no control over. The NICU sucks, but she will be home before you know it.
Congratulations to all - including the new big brother!
Congratulations Angela! She's beautiful and I'm so happy for you!! Kristine from PerpPreg
Post a Comment
<< Home