The Quest for Order in the Midst of Chaos

A story of my quest for speech for my son, another child, and life in general.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Delaware, Ohio, United States

With my hostile uterus in tow, I'm trying to get my son the help he needs (Autism, SPD, and other minor physical issues), learning about my daughter's needs (auditory processing issues), and dealing with a CRAZY blessed life.

Monday, June 06, 2005

Twenty-Seven Reasons...

Today, Mr. Miracle is 27 months. My little man is growing up! I tear up just thinking about it. He's using more signs now, and putting two signs together all on his own, too! I'm so proud of him. I just swell with pride when I see him signing away. That's my little man!!

I'm also extremely proud of my husband. On Saturday we were at my mom's house and I told my brother (jokingly, trying to gross him out-he's still young enough to enjoy that sort of thing) that "...and here I was thinking of inviting you to my home birth..."

He says, not at all grossed out and in fact upset, "Why aren't you having in it the hospital, they've been doing doing it for hundreds of years just fine."

At which point I inform him that in fact hospitals have NOT been doing it nearly that long, less than 100 years is probably more accurate, and it wasn't until 1/2 THAT long ago that it became "popular" to have a baby at a hospital. Then my brother says "Yeah, well I can think of a dozen reasons it would be better to do it there."

Now, this is the best part, MY HUSBAND, who wasn't really thrilled with the idea in the beginning, jumps in and says "and I can think of 18,000 reasons not to do it at the hospital." I was so proud I about burst out in song! Instead, I simply kissed him. My mother was surprisingly quiet during this entire conversation. Usually she is the first to put her opinion in. She already knew I was considering it, and told me she didn't think it was a good idea, but amazingly kept silent during the conversation...

I'm not even pregnant yet and listen to me talking about delivery...HAHAHAHAH!! Talk about ASKING fate to knock me on my ass...

Anyway....you know what irks me, hearing a commerical for a local hospital that says "Having a baby isn't just a procedure..." ACK!!!! Procedure??? What the fuck?! Having a baby is a natural process, it is a miracle process, it is NOT a procedure! It's bad enough some of us have to use "procedures" to GET pregnant, now they want to make the delivery a "procedure" too??

::yanks leash, gags self, and steps down off soap box:: Sorry about that, it just really irks me. I could go on and on, but I am holding myself back, for fear of sounding like the crazy slightly crunchy person that I am.

Back to my little man - I can think of at LEAST 27 reasons to be happy, every one of them a month since he was born. He is so wonderful...maybe he can't speak like he "should," and even if he never speaks (more than the 5-10 sounds/words he has now), he will still be perfect, wonderful, handsome, beautiful, and my sweetest baby.

This weekend Mr. Miracle saw a doll at the store and picked it up and rocked it and "sang" to it...he can sign baby, and is so gentle with little ones...Now if only I could give him the chance to be a big brother...

Minor update, it is now CD 48 and still no sign of my period....Have you seen my period? Hello, period, can you hear me? Where have you gone now?! If you see my period, please let me know. As we all know, I took a test a little while back and got negative results. My period is purposefully hiding from me. I know it is. It knows I want to add another "new" part on my charting and it is PURPOSEFULLY delaying to irritate me. I guess I could start now anyway, but the book says it is better to start on a new cycle so I can see the pattern easier (not to mention saving me a chart page). Hey, period, if I have to come find you, you are going to regret it!* Don't make me get out the Provera and Clomid again! I mean it! I'll use them this time!**

* I would never say that to my son, so I might as well use it where I can.
** After I test with several FREDs AND get a blood test...twice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home