The Quest for Order in the Midst of Chaos

A story of my quest for speech for my son, another child, and life in general.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Delaware, Ohio, United States

With my hostile uterus in tow, I'm trying to get my son the help he needs (Autism, SPD, and other minor physical issues), learning about my daughter's needs (auditory processing issues), and dealing with a CRAZY blessed life.

Friday, September 08, 2006

Princess Kitten Grows

She grows a very great deal in fact.

She was born at 4 pounds 1.7 ounces and as of yesterday (she'll be a month old tomorrow, she was four weeks on Wednesday) she weighs 5 pounds 15 ounces!! She isn't my little peanut anymore...she's a cashew...

I noticed Sunday evening that her belly button seemed odd. By Monday morning it had popped WAY WAY out. I suspected an umbilical hernia, turns out I'm right. It is the size of her belly button, so the whole things sticks out about a half inch over her belly and looks like a poultry timer that has popped...or it looks like it will explode if she sneezes!

It doesn't cause her any pain and she doesn't even notice it, but WE notice it. It's hard NOT to notice it. The great news is that unlike an abdominal or groin hernia, it is primarily a cosmetic issue.

I figure we'll sign her up in a week or so, you know a little nose job, a tummy tuck, and a little belly button hernia repair?

It should close on it's own by the time she's 1 or 2, and if it doesn't then we can consider having the repair done when she's 4. I think we'll let her make the decision if it doesn't close. It's cosmetic surgery, I don't think we need to push this. Though in all honesty...it's NOT pretty to look at! I'm not exactly buying her baby bikinis over here, if you know what I mean...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home